After lots of thought and research, I’ve decided not write my own curricula this school year. While I thoroughly enjoy writing my own, this is not the season for me to do so. Some factors that weighed in my decision:
- the newly diagnosed learning disabilities
- the number of appointments each week for therapies + regular checkups (vision, dental, medical)
- my health
- my goals for the kids for the upcoming school year
- what worked and what didn’t work from the previous school year
- where the kids are at in terms of age
- what I’m expecting the upcoming year to be like
- and so on
I decided to definitely go with Wildwood Curriculum as much as possible, substituting books that we already have read as needed. I’m not expecting too much modification, except for my 9 year old who isn’t quite ready for Form 2 but has done most of their Form 1 readings. For him I’ll be making a combination Form 1/Form 2 transition year.
Now that I have my bearings for all the kids, the fun part begins: selecting books and writing out the weekly plans!